Tuesday, April 28, 2009

lunch & laps

So we enjoyed an afternoon of no nausea yesterday but it came back with a vengence this morning.  Try explaining to your kids who don't know you're expecting, why mommy's tummy is icky the last few days.  I blamed it on allergies (good thing they're young and trusting).

After forcing down a bowl of Frosted Flakes, apparently a baby's favorite, we headed out with my youngest daughter, to get set up at the Y.  A long tour, and huffing the smell of the chorinated pool-it smelled SO GOOD-later, we were signed up and ready to roll.  I see some serious laps in the future.  

My mother in law, who also does not know that we're expecting, took us out to lunch.  Awesome. All day morning sickness+lunch+someone who doesn't know you're pregnant=serious toughing it out.  Turns out salad is also on the baby's favorites list but cajun flavored chicken...not so much.  DUH.  Well!!!  Cut me some slack...the last one LOVED jalapenos!  

I brought more than half of my salad home.  Which, if you know me, would be a big tip off that something was off with me.  But made it through lunch time with no questions or looks of confusion.  Now I'm home, feeling insanely dehydrated-that's a first since I drink half an ocean per day...nausea is kicking in and I have some serious cleaning and organizing to do.

Things are still progressing in a decidedly forward fashion.  I think I will breathe a sigh of relief one week from today when we are past the point at which things took a turn for the worse last time around.  I know we're not 'out of the woods' so to speak by my refusal to live this pregnancy out in fear and my trust in God reminds me that nothing is coming my way I cant handle.  That means no twins. HAH!  

Until next time...

No comments: