Yet here we are. Ending the Prometrium, starting 2nd tri, working furiously on getting a room together (end of Oct is our goal deadline) and now counting down in weeks rather than months to the BIG U/S where we will (baby cooperating of course) get to find out if little stuff El is a boy or girl! I'm still putting my money on boy!
We had our NT Scan last Friday. It was amazing. And in true Baby El form-little stuff did NOT cooperate at all!!
At the start he/she was moving around furiously! We do not like having someone push on us apparently! Kicking, twisting, kicking more! Once he/she settled in and calmed down, it was even worse. If the tech swung the u/s left, baby El turned right...if the tech swung right, baby El turned left. We got a great view of Baby's back!
After about 20 minutes of trying and pressing and borderline pissing me off because of how rough she was being-the tech gave up and said I would need to come back the following week for my scan.
I was excited! Another u/s!! YAY!!!
Just then, as the tech turned the screen toward me so I could see baby's back, baby rolled over. I "awww'd" and little stuff kicked furiously again! I laughed-another kick! I laughed again-another kick! It was amazing seeing how the baby interacted with me that way. Whether it was the sound of my laugh or the compression of my belly tightening around him/her-there was definite kicks in response to my giggles.
I got to see the full profile and the baby is beautiful! Cute little nose! Perfect little face! Amazing little body!
I cant wait to go in again in 6 weeks for our next u/s!
In the mean time I say farwell to the first trimester. It is bitter sweet! Time goes too fast, even when they're in the womb...but moving onto feeling movement, finding out the gender, less stress of miscarriage, and getting closer to meeting our little ball of attitude (already at 13 weeks!) is full of excitement!
Good Bye 1st Trimester! It was fun while it lasted. Thanks for being kind to us.

No comments:
Post a Comment