As any mother would, I ran to her side...worried about her...but knowing that I have a 10lb weight limit right now for lifting.
She looked up with those little tear filled eyes and her arms shot up to me as she wailed. What were we supposed to do?!? OK in retrospect, sitting down with her and holding her on my lap would have probably been the best idea...but that escaped me at the time.
I CLEVERLY squatted down, scooped her up in my arms and picked her up like a baby...then lifted with my legs. It seemed fine. Then I hit that 1st step...OUCH! Something definitely pulled. I have conversed with my SAL gals and its likely just a little pull of a muscle that was already loosening up due to my rapidly growing baby bubble. It's feeling better today and assuming all feels well tomorrow, I will just let it go with no calls to the doc.
Little stuff in the midst of her tears looked at me and said "I weigh more than 10 *sniff sniff* pounds, Mama!" I told her not to worry and that it was all ok.
So baby came to the rescue of his or her older sister for the 1st time, and probably not the last.
All is well that ends well.

No comments:
Post a Comment